Quality Engineer – York, PA
|This position will be responsible for overseeing inspection activities including first article inspection of machined parts. Will provide inspection reports as well as the supporting and maintenance of the Quality Management System. Will collaborate with all stakeholders on matters related to quality control, quality assurance, process improvement, 5S and LEAN.
This position requires a high level of critical thinking, problem solving abilities, data analysis and understanding in quality/manufacturing standards and customer requirements.
|Principal Duties and Responsibilities|
|PRIMARY Duties and responsibilities:
1. Supports the plant operations by performing administrative work such as:
· Customer certificates
· Conforming records
· NDT documentation
· Hook documentation
2. Document SOPs for manufacturing processes
3. The ability to create and track metrics and use that information to make decisions
4. Ensure rework processes are delivering the expected quality outcome and follows the rework/repair process through to completion.
5. Design and build out QMS systems and processes
· Supplier Quality
· Customer Satisfaction/Requirements
6. Oversees maintenance of calibration system.
7. Manage incoming supplier inspections and handle any non-conforming issues/returns
8. Organizes and maintains records in compliance with company records policy.
9. Assist in the improvement of product.
10. Evaluate products to verify compliance with quality standards.
11. Participates or leads improvement team using LEAN tools, methods, and techniques.
12. Process returned material from customers based on established procedures.
13. Perform investigation of customer returned equipment, including warranty claims.
14. Implement SCARs to suppliers due to nonconforming parts.
15. Perform audits related to the Quality Management System, design and manufacturing processes.
16. The ability to problem solve and use 8D activities in manufacturing operations to quickly identify and permanently resolve quality and productivity issues.
|Special Location/Position Requirements:|
|Job Specifications (Work Experience, Skills, Abilities, etc.)|
|1. At least 3 years quality control experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
2. Experience in mechanical inspection techniques as well as understanding of GD&T principles desired
3. Experience in an office environment, with frequent use of computers
4. Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
5. Strong attention to detail & ability to prioritize critical tasks
6. LEAN/Six Sigma Greenbelt preferred but not required
|Associate’s Degree in Mechanical, Civil, or related Engineering discipline required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
|Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions:|
|Normal office conditions and occasional travel may be required to meet with suppliers. Job demands may require long periods of sitting, telephone work, and/or computer work, as well as interaction with other people. Normal office conditions include walking, standing, bending, kneeling, climbing stairs, lifting, driving, and/or traveling.|
|The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.|