|The Senior Design Engineer is responsible for the development and application of advanced engineering concepts, theories, and research techniques in the solution of complex mechanical design to support all Acco MHS lines and products. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual with strong hands on mechanical engineering experience and be able to complete projects from concept to shipment with limited direction. The Senior Design Engineer will contribute to projects serving a wide variety of customers, such as internal company research and development efforts, commercial/industrial clients, and government/military clients. As a senior team member in the engineering department, they will also serve as an active mentor to other engineers and technicians.|
|Principal Duties and Responsibilities|
|· Serve as project manager on high-profile custom material handling equipment; communicate system goals, performance requirements, and scope to internal and external customers.
· Be able to contribute significantly to the research and development of new concepts and products to address new markets and new technologies.
· Provide technical consultation to customers and staff as required.
· Create conceptual and detailed machine system designs conforming to customer’s specifications.
· Draft quality and professional detailed manufacturing drawings, assembly drawings, and demonstrative documents/artwork for the end user manuals and technical publications per industry and company standards.
1. inside and outside the organization with suppliers, vendors, and customers as needed.
|Special Location/Position Requirements:|
|Job Specifications (Work Experience, Skills, Abilities, etc.)|
|· Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or similar discipline or 10+ years of applicable professional experience is required. PE/EIT is desired.
· Extensive experience in mechanical system design is required.
· Must be skilled in the design and specification of industrial electromechanical system components, including gears, gearboxes, drive belts, bearings, bushings, shaft couplers, electric motors, linear motion components (ball screws, carriages, linear guides, etc.), and general rotating equipment components.
· Must be experienced in the design and/or specification of engineering materials, strength of materials, industrial coating/plating, safe working load calculations, gear stress calculations, rotating equipment power requirements, and analysis of frictional factors in mechanical system design.
· Extensive experience of CAD software is required.
· Significant professional experience in detail mechanical drafting and creation of manufacturing drawings, assembly drawings, bills of materials, and related documentation is required.
· Experience with geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) and ANSI Y14.5M standards is highly preferred.
· Experience with design and specification of cranes, hoists, and building layouts is desired.
· Communicate professionally with excellent technical writing skill and high level of attention to detail.
· Experienced and skilled with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
|Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or similar discipline or 10+ years of applicable professional experience.|
|Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions:|
|Normal office conditions and occasional travel may be required to meet with suppliers. Job demands may require long periods of sitting, telephone work, and/or computer work, as well as interaction with other people. Normal office conditions include walking, standing, bending, kneeling, climbing stairs, lifting, driving, and/or traveling.|
|The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.|